Sure-Fit Designs Sew and Tell
SFD Sewing & Design Sew and Tell Info & Project Planner
We are SEW excited to announce the SFD Sew and Tell 2021 program & the Sewing Project Planner.
Our hope is to inspire you to do more designing and sewing with your Sure-Fit Designs patterns.
Click Here to obtain your free Project Planner - your New Year's gift.
Sure-Fit Designs Sew and Tell: Let's all participate in a brand New Year and a brand new Sew and Tell opportunity. Your personal “body blueprint” is your ticket to designing any style of clothing that can be assured will fit you. #SewAndTell
You are invited to join the upcoming Sure-Fit Designs #SewandTell. You no longer need to register - meaning no required ID#.
The entire purpose of Sew and Tell 2021 is to get your creative juices flowing for sewing with your Sure-Fit Designs patterns.
We invite you to download the Sewing Project Planner, and dive into 2021 with renewed enthusiasm for your sewing projects.
Many of you who participated in 2020, shared your makes on social media. We re-posted your photos so that everyone could see. And...everyone loved seeing your makes. Those who participated were a great inspiration for others.
Here's a small sample of participating customer projects...well done everyone!
Throughout the year, we will choose random winners from the posted photos.
**The entire purpose of the Sewing Planner is to keep you sewing with Sure-Fit Designs...you never know...you might just be a winner.
(Winners are chosen on participation, not on skill level).
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
This is not a 'talent' contest or competition. We are not judging sewing techniques or skills. This Sew and Tell Planner and participation is intended to promote and encourage the joy of sewing and to celebrate our community of amazing SFD customers and sewists. Whether you're new to sewing and/or to Sure-Fit Designs or have been sewing with Sure-Fit Designs for a number of years, we sincerely encourage you to participate and join the SFD #SewAndTell. It will be a fun, supportive time for all.
- Design and construct a garment using the SFD fitting and sewing system. You can use any of the 5 SFD designing kits (i.e., Dress Kit, Unisex Shirt Kit, Pants Kit, Men’s Pants Instructional Package, or the Children’s Kit).
- You no longer need to register - meaning no required ID#.
- Take a photo of the garment on the intended wearer (not on a mannequin, dress form, hanger, etc.).
- Post your finished garment photo to Facebook. Include the following information in the post description:
- Hashtag #SewAndTell or #MeMade (no spaces - no hypens)
- SFD Design Kit(s) Used
- Optionally, you can include a description of important design details and/or your design process.
- Hashtag #SewAndTell or #MeMade (no spaces - no hypens)
- If you win a prize, you must agree to allow Sure-Fit Designs to use your project photo in promotional material, including but not limited to the SFD web sites, social media, print materials, etc.
- IMPORTANT: Post up to 2 photos per project only; if possible please create a single photo collage of the various views you want to show for your garment. Please make sure to include hashtag #SewAndTell or #MeMade.
Your New Year's FREE Gift
The Sew and Tell Project Planner - a downloadable file - CLICK HERE
Use the Planner as an aid to:
- set goals for your sewing projects throughout the year (you don't have to share your goals)
- plan your sewing projects
- organize necessary supplies & equipment
- track your progress on each project throughout the year
- for recommendations on how to use the Planner - see below
Recommendations for Using the Planner
1.Download and Print Planner - CLICK HERE
The Sure-Fit Designs Sew and Tell Sewing & Design Planner is set up for 12 projects; however, you can print additional copies of pages 4 and 5 if your goals include more than 12 projects during the year. The Planner is also set up to be printed 2-sided, but you can print it 1-sided if you prefer. If you plan to attach swatches on the Project pages, we recommend printing the Planner on non-glossy cardstock to make it more durable and yet still allow you to easily write on the pages. The Planner can be spiral bound, or it can be hole-punched and the pages put in a binder.
Even though this Planner has been set up for 12 projects, you can do as few or as many as you want...we just want you sewing and having some fun!
Think about what you want to accomplish during the year related to designing and sewing using your SFD body blueprint, and fill out the This Year’s Goals page. Set goals that are a stretch for you, yet that are achievable. This page will be your guide throughout the year for creating new garments that fit, improving your existing skills, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges.
3. Plan Projects:
Plan your first project using the Project and Design Sketch pages. Document everything you need to complete your first garment(s) of the year. Remember to check out the Resources page for all of the design and sewing aids (i.e., design kits, designing books, and instructional DVDs), tutorials (i.e., articles and videos ), and pre-designed garments offered by Sure-Fit Designs. Go shopping if you need to, and get started on that first project! Plan subsequent projects as you feel inspired.
Need design inspiration? This can be anything that gets your creative juices flowing: examples include browsing ready-to-wear, photos in magazines or on the Internet, commercial patterns, etc.
Be inspired! Get designing! Get sewing!
At the end of the year, think about what you accomplished. Don’t be discouraged if you didn’t achieve all of your goals; rather, think of these things as areas for improvement for next year. Fill out The Year in Review page with your accomplishments, areas for improvement, and new skills learned. Lastly, think about your favorite project(s) and why it was your favorite; this will become part of your inspiration for next year’s goals.
SFD Sew and Tell Project Planner Credit & Acknowledgement
This entire project was developed and designed by one of our very own Sure-Fit Designs customers who loves to be organized and work toward her personal goals.
Credit goes entirely to D'Ann Artis who refers to her creative endeavors as D’Ann Denée D’Signs.
If you would like to take the time to personally thank D'Ann, you can do so using this email address: SewandTell.SFD@gmail.com