Jacket Designing Retreat Details
Jacket Designing Retreat Details - 2019
May 18 - 21, 2019 (4 days) (2 spaces remaining)
- To receive first right of refusal to attend a Jacket Designing Retreat, please email Glenda at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be put on the 'short list'. (Oregon)
- To book for a Jacket Designing Retreat, please call Glenda at 541-344-0422 (Oregon)
4 days beginning on a Saturday and ending the following Tuesday
This Retreat is available only for those students who have already completed the initial Fit & Sew Retreat with Glenda. OR you have developed and tested your own Sure-Fit Designs bodice and skirt blueprint and are totally satisfied with the fit. This Jacket Designing workshop is NOT a fitting class. You must arrive with your bodice/skirt blueprint to your liking!
* 50% is due at the time of booking your Retreat (non-refundable).
* The balance is due 45 days prior to your Retreat dates (non-refundable). (If you have severe personal circumstances that prevent you from attending a Retreat that you have paid for, we may be able to schedule you for a future Retreat only if we are able to fill your reserved space. However due to the fact that we only take 5 - 6 students, there will be no refunds of any nature either before or after a Retreat).
Host hotel is the Comfort Suites in Springfield OR (969 Kruse Way, Springfield, OR 97477) - room rate for 2019 is $109.00/night + tax - you can share with a roommate if you so desire. Please inform me of your desire to room share at the time of reserving your Retreat. You are required to book your own hotel room. Please use this direct phone number - 541-746-5359. When booking, make sure to ask for the 'Sure-Fit Designs group rate'. Hotel bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to the Retreat start date.
* Your airfare,
* Your food,
* Car rental if you so choose.
* Your required sewing supplies like test fabric, thread etc. A supply list will be sent to you once a specific Retreat is full.
Our Sewing Room, a sewing studio, in Springfield OR (sister city to Eugene OR) (448 Main St, Springfield, OR 97477). Sewing machines are provided unless you are driving at which point I recommend that you bring your own machine. See the video below to see a bird's eye view of where you will be fitting and sewing.
Personal Sewing Skills:
You must have confidence in your sewing skills and ability as this is not a 'learn how to sew workshop per se) but you do not need to be an expert seamstress.
You will receive the following:
•4 days intense, jacket designing and sewing from your existing bodice/skirt blueprint.
•Pattern drafting/drawing experience with the Sure-Fit Designs patterns.
•Gift bag including (some) drawing/drafting supplies
•High cutting table – 1 per student – personal workspace - no need to share your space.
•Use of a sewing machine and serger – no need to bring your own when flying in.
•Transportation to and from the hotel to the sewing studio (Note** You will need to take a shuttle/taxi from the airport to the hotel)
•Lunch is provided on Day 1 – Saturday. Convenient restaurants are located near the Sewing Studio.
•Fabric shopping field trip - Tuesday - if you wish. There are 2 (small) fabric stores within walking distance.
**Please note: This Retreat is available only for those students who have already completed the initial Fit & Sew Retreat with Glenda OR have developed and tested your own bodice and skirt blueprint and are totally satisfied with the fit. This Jacket Designing workshop is NOT a fitting class. You must arrive with your bodice/skirt blueprint to your liking!
2018 Jacket Workshop Day 1 Students holding jacket style choices:
Final Day with (almost) finished projects: