Jacket Design & Sew Workshop
Such a lovely group of ladies attending the May 2018 Jacket Design & Sew Workshop!
SFD Jacket Design & Sew Workshops - 2019
May 18 through 21, 2019 (2 spaces remaining)
- To book for a Retreat/Workshop, please call Glenda at 541-344-0422 (Oregon) or email to be placed on the 'short list' firstname.lastname@example.org
4 days (will begin on either a Saturday or Sunday)8:30 AM to 5 PM each day
* 50% is due at the time of booking (non-refundable).
* The balance is due 45 days prior to your workshop dates (non-refundable). (If you have severe personal circumstances that prevent you from attending your scheduled event, we may be able to schedule you for a future date only if we are able to fill your reserved space. However due to the fact that we only take 5 - 6 students, there will be no refunds of any nature either before or after a Workshop).
Host hotel is the Comfort Suites in Springfield OR (969 Kruse Way, Springfield, OR 97477) - room rate for 2019 is $109.00/night + tax - you can share with a roommate if you so desire. Please inform me of your desire to room share at the time of reserving your Retreat. You are required to book your own room. Please use this direct phone number - 541-746-5359. When booking, make sure to ask for the 'Sure-Fit Designs group rate'. Hotel bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to the Retreat start date.
* Your airfare,
* Your food,
* Car rental if you so choose.
* Your required sewing supplies like fabric, thread etc. A supply list will be sent to you once a specific Workshop is full.
Our Sewing Room, a sewing studio, in Springfield OR (sister city to Eugene OR) (448 Main St, Springfield, OR 97477). Sewing machines are provided unless you are driving at which point I recommend that you bring your own machine. See the video below to see a bird's eye view of where you will be fitting and sewing.
This Workshop is only suitable for those who have already attended a SFD Fit & Sew Retreat or those of you who are totally comfortable with the fit of your bodice/skirt blueprint. This is NOT a fitting workshop. It is a jacket designing and sewing workshop.
Personal Sewing Skills:
You must be comfortable and knowledgeable in basic sewing skills. Various techniques will be demonstrated, but the workshop emphasis is on drafting a jacket pattern based on your SFD body blueprint.
You will receive the following:
•4 days focused days
•Pattern drafting/drawing experience with the Sure-Fit Designs patterns.
•Gift bag including (some) drawing/drafting supplies
•High cutting table – 1 per student – personal workspace - no need to share your space
•Use of a sewing machine and serger – no need to bring your own unless you are driving in.
•Transportation to and from the hotel to the sewing studio (Note** You will need to take a shuttle/taxi from the airport to the hotel)
•Lunch is provided on Day 1. Convenient restaurants are located near the Sewing Studio.
•Fabric shopping field trip if you want to participate. There are 2 (small) fabric stores within walking distance.
**Please note: This Workshop is only suitable for those who have already attended a SFD Fit & Sew Retreat or those of you who are totally comfortable with the fit of your bodice/skirt blueprint. This is NOT a fitting workshop.
Enjoy these photos of the May 2018 Jacket Designing Workshop: