Fit & Sew Retreat Details
Happy faces from June 2017!
Fit & Sew Retreat - 2018
July 28 through August 2, 2018 - FULL
October 27 - Nov. 1, 2018 - FULL
- To book for a Fit & Sew Retreat, please call Glenda at 541-344-0422 (Oregon)
6 days beginning on a Saturday and ending the following Thursday
- 3 days Pants fitting
- 3 days Bodice fitting
* $979.00 if you already have your SFD Kits/Vellum/Stylus.
* If you need to purchase the relevant Kits & supplies - add $100.00.
* 50% is due at the time of booking your Retreat (non-refundable).
* The balance is due 45 days prior to your Retreat dates (non-refundable). (If you have severe personal circumstances that prevent you from attending a Retreat that you have paid for, we may be able to schedule you for a future Retreat only if we are able to fill your reserved space. However due to the fact that we only take 5 - 6 students, there will be no refunds of any nature either before or after a Retreat).
Host hotel is the Comfort Suites in Springfield OR (969 Kruse Way, Springfield, OR 97477) - room rate for 2018 is $109.00/night + tax - you can share with a roommate if you so desire. Please inform me of your desire to room share at the time of reserving your Retreat. You are required to book your own room. Please use this direct phone number - 541-746-5359. When booking, make sure to ask for the 'Sure-Fit Designs group rate'. Hotel bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to the Retreat start date.
* Your airfare,
* Your food,
* Car rental if you so choose.
* Your required sewing supplies like test fabric, thread etc. A supply list will be sent to you once a specific Retreat is full.
Our Sewing Room, a sewing studio, in Springfield OR (sister city to Eugene OR) (448 Main St, Springfield, OR 97477). Sewing machines are provided unless you are driving at which point I recommend that you bring your own machine. See the video below to see a bird's eye view of where you will be fitting and sewing.
Personal Sewing Skills:
You must have a minimum of basic sewing skills in stitching accurate 5/8" seam allowances, sewing darts etc. But you do not need to be an expert.
You will receive the following:
•6 days intense, individualized instruction and fitting assistance, including a lecture/demo on fitting commercial patterns.
•Pattern drafting/drawing experience with the Sure-Fit Designs patterns.
•Gift bag including (some) drawing/drafting supplies
•Non-stretch elastic for your Yoga/Travel/Comfort pants project from the designing book 'Pants that Mix n Multiply'.
•High cutting table – 1 per student – personal workspace - no need to share your space
•Use of a sewing machine and serger – no need to bring your own
•Transportation to and from the hotel to the sewing studio (Note** You will need to take a shuttle/taxi from the airport to the hotel)
•Lunch is provided on Day 1 – Saturday. Convenient restaurants are located near the Sewing Studio.
•Fabric shopping field trip - Thursday. There are 2 (small) fabric stores within walking distance.
**Please note: This Retreat is not suitable for severe asymmetry or personal measurements beyond the master pattern measurements.